Q: Benefits of Castor oil
A: known as the ‘King of all oils’ in Ayurveda and is a highly cleansing oil. It is well known for its properties to get rid of both physical and emotional toxins, Ama, from the body.
It is anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant oil which has been used for centuries.
Widely used as a digestive cleanser it forms a part of the Ayurvedic Panchakarma regime and weight loss regime.
Castor oil is known to reduce Vata and any Vata related ailments in the body.
Day 3 of LilyPod Fall Home DeToX.
People are starting to feel the withdrawal effects of caffeine, sugar, salt, alcohol etc…
At least they know that is WORKING, toxins are leaving their systems.
Q: Benefits of Ginger:
A: 1. Haven’t been feeling hungry? Eat fresh ginger just before lunch to stoke a dull appetite and fire up the digestive juices.
2. Ginger improves the absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients in the body.
3. Ginger clears the ‘microcirculatory channels’ of the body, including the pesky sinuses that tend to flare up from time to time.
4. Feeling airsick or nauseous? Chew on ginger, preferably tossed in a little honey.
5. Can’t stop the toot-a-thon? Gas—oops—guess what?! Ginger helps reduce flatulence!
6. Tummy moaning and groaning under cramps? Munch on ginger.
7. Reeling under joint pain? Ginger, with its anti-inflammatory properties—can bring relief. Float some ginger essential oil into your bath to help aching muscles and joints.
8. Got a surgery done? Chewing ginger post-operation can help overcome nausea.
9. Stir up some ginger tea to get rid of throat and nose congestion. And when there’s a nip in the air, the warming benefits of this tasty tea are even greater!
10. Bedroom blues? Try adding a gingery punch to a bowl of soup. (Pss…the Ayurvedic texts credit ginger with aphrodisiac properties)
Day 2 of the LilyPod Fall Home Detox,
Not too late to sign up:
Why do we eat Khichdi?
It is an ancient Ayurvedic recipe for thousands of years to DETOX. It resets your body’s innate healing mechanisms.
Khichadi is rich in Protein, Calcium and Iron. Mung Beans are a good source for dietary fiber, protein, Vitamin C, Calcium, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Potassium. A secret blend of spices adds the balanced basic elements: Earth and Water for increasing energy and immunity, Fire for stimulating digestive enzymes and Air and Ether which aid in detoxification.Enjoy LilyPod DeToXerS!
Day 1 of LilyPod Fall Home DeToX….
A: Why we drink green juice?
Q: – Able to consume a wide variety of produce
– Assimilate nutrients faster
– Promotes alkalinity – shifts body from acidic to alkaline
– Youthful appearance, smoother skin
– Encourages weight loss/control
– Allows for efficient elimination
– Improves energy levelWhat else could we ask from our am meal?
KEEP IT UP DeToXeRs!!
Fall Greetings, WHY WE WANT TO CLEANSE: Clearing the body of toxins reduces the chances of disease, sickness and allows the body to function at optimal levels to have a strong immune system. Toxins.. be it: Environmental pollution, water pollution, food contamination etc.. These toxins get into our blood streams and our cells causing problems. The digestion system is the first one to be affected by toxins. Prevention is KEY. Cleansing supports the body’s innate process of elimination such as the excretory organs (lungs, skin, liver, kidney & bladder) HOW? More info to come……